Applications are now open
The Lambeth Youth Mayor and Youth Council is looking to spot purchase/fund activities and programmes that represent their manifesto pledges. The headings below are indicative of the kind of projects, programmes, activities and resources the Youth Council are interested in contributing towards. We are particularly interested in projects led by young people.
Aspiration and Values:
- To eliminate stereotypes and build links with organisations to open doors for young people.
- Improve young people’s confidence and public speaking skills, by creating workshops and mentoring facilities.
- Celebrating Lambeth’s diversity and promoting cohesion.
- To raise awareness of youth issues and represent young people in Lambeth.
- Push to improve the training within the metropolitan police on stop and searches.
- To connect with other boroughs in London to bring young people together
Sports and Fitness:
- Building and renovating sports facilities in the borough such as football pitches, basketball courts, running tracks and gyms
Health and Wellbeing:
- For better access to early help for mental wellbeing.
- Promoting good health and state of mind by teaching youth how to cook healthily.
- Increasing the time and opportunities available to use studio spaces for music, film and photography, for free or little cost.
Employment and education:
- Careers Advice and Guidance.
- Improving education and learning experiences.
In addition to these, the Youth Council are keen to assist organisations with their inclusive aims:
- Specialist equipment that enables young people with additional needs to participate fully.
- Support workers for those who require assistance (up to £20 per hour).
- Work that reaches out to those who do not traditionally engage with youth programmes and activities.
How to apply
We want to make the process super easy. Simply download the application pack, complete the application form, and send it in. If you have any questions, please contact Aston Wood.
M: 07826 848 155 E: email@example.com
THE SMALL PRINT/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following rules apply for projects.
(supporting inclusion is considered on a case by case basis and may not have the same restrictions)
- Beneficiaries are aged 7-19 years old. Or up to 25 years for beneficiaries that have a learning difficulty or disability.
- Your project will be completed by 30 December 2017.
- ALL money will be spent by 30 December 2017.
- ALL invoices and receipts will be submitted before 30 October 2017.
- You are applying for up to £1500.
- For programmes and projects you will get 50% of the money at the start of the project and 50% at the end.
- A proforma invoice will be required for capital costs.
- Individuals cannot apply (you must be part of a group)
- Your project MUST benefit more than 10 young people.
- Beneficiaries must live, work, study or attend a youth group in Lambeth.
- We must receive proof that you have spent the first 50% of money before we can release the other 50% of funding.
- You must submit a short report about what you have done and what you have spent the money on together with proof of what you have spent eg. receipts, invoices.
- You MUST submit an evaluation form.
- You MUST submit evidence for 100% of your project together with a short report of what you have done and what you spent the money on.
- Your project may be inspected by Lambeth Youth Council.
- Applicants need a supporting organisation.
- Supporting organisations MUST already be delivering a service in Lambeth be on the Young Lambeth Coop’s list of providers.
- The location of the main activity MUST be in Lambeth, unless the money is funding a trip or residential.
- Grants will only be paid straight into an organisations bank account.
What can we fund?
- Equipment and resources including IT and camping equipment.
- Activities and projects or events including residentials and transport.
- Refurbishment and small building works.
What can’t we fund?
- Young people to start up a business.
- Any activities that aims to make a profit unless it is to put back into youth activities.
- Trips abroad.
- Staff costs over £15/hour, unless these are for specialist staff/ tutors.
- Management costs.
- We will not fund projects or works in schools that could reasonably be expected to be funded by the school themselves.